Subject: ebXML PoC: matrix deadline

All,

As per the conference call, we'll try to freeze the ebXML PoC consolidated
capabilities matrix ASAP, preferably by the end of the day today. Here's
some information that will assist you in providing updates or additions to
your matrix if you need to. It is critical to the success of the PoC that we
get closure on this matrix.

At the ebXML TR&P face2face that just took place, the following was decided:

1. the reliability spec (for phase one) was completed -- Jim Hughes of
Fujitsu will send an updated version within the next couple of days; I don't
believe that it materially changes the set of participants who had indicated
that they will provide reliable messaging at the PoC, but it may, after
participants have reviewed the updated spec; the 'freeze' will make an
exception w.r.t. reliability to allow people to review the spec (I suggest a
day or so after the spec becomes available);
2.  w.r.t. security, phase one of ebXML TR&P will allow for the signing
and/or encrypting of the message payload; I'll augment the matrix to inquire
whether participants are planning to trade such payloads; please let me know
as soon as possible whether you will be providing this capability;
3. w.r.t. error handling, ebXML TR&P worked out a set of error categories
and associated protocol and messages (for phase one); David Burdett of
Commerce One has posted the latest spec; participants will be expected to
implement the error handling spec.

If you need to update your matrix,please keep the above in mind. Also, if
you have not already done so, please indicate whether the capabilities that
you provide are for certain. Given the number of participants and time
frame, we'll only be able to use those capabilities that were marked '2'
(i.e., certain).

There also have been some additions to the matrix. I'll send out a new
consolidated version after close-of-business today.

-Philippe
Philippe De Smedt
Architect
Viquity Corporation (www.viquity.com)