Subject: ebXML PR event 12/12 -- PoC strawman proposal

All,

Here's a strawman proposal for the proof-of-concept portion of the ebXML PR
event in San Francisco on December 12. Please bear in mind that the nature
of the event is marketing, targeted at industry analysts and the press,
rather than a technical audience. Some attendees will participate by phone.
Therefore, the demo portion will be limited to 15 minutes. As the Tokyo
proof-of-concept took about 1hr 15min., it is quite a challenge to fit what
we want to show into a 15-minute time slot. Below is an attempt at doing
just that. I haven't had a chance to discuss this with others (I had
intended to enlist Krishna in this, but he'll be traveling the next few
days), but in the interest of time, I'd like to put this out for your review
now. It is a modified version of Krishna's proposal of November 21.

At yesterday's meeting with the marketing folks, we decided to focus the
demo on the following three aspects: use of registry/repository; creation of
a trading partner agreement (TPA); and actual message exchange. Each will be
covered in 5 minutes. The emphasis will be on showing the capabilities of
ebXML, rather than on individual participants' technical prowess, just like
before. Given the short time frame, by necessity some vendors may get just a
bit more air time than others. However, at the beginning of the demo, we'll
make sure that all participants are duly and equitably mentioned.

*	Use of registry/repository:
Sun/Cisco, XML Solutions, and Sterling Commerce will provide a registry,
just like at Tokyo; Sun will use its GUI to interact with the registries;
this will show interoperability of registries; one query per registry should
be sufficient;
*	Creation of a trading partner agreement:
Interwoven will use its GUI to show TPA formation; Fujitsu and Netfish (with
NTT-COM?) show TPA proposal exchange (probably scaled down from the Tokyo
demo, in the interest of time -- we won't need to show, for instance, the
formation of a Japanese-language TPA for this particular PR event);
*	Actual message exchange:
Show the AIAG scenario (most likely a portion of it), with IBM and Savvion
as sellers, IPNet as buyer, and Viquity as a hub in the middle.; IPNet will
send one message to each seller; each seller will respond with one message;
the role of the hub will only be shown during one message exchange.

Please let me know your comments, and please verify whether you will indeed
be participating. Apologies if I've left anyone out. Once we agree on the
high-level scenario, we can start hammering out the details. Thanks much.

-Philippe
Philippe De Smedt
Architect
Viquity Corporation (www.viquity.com)