Subject: ebXML PoC -- scenarios, roles, capabilities, etc.

All,

As we discussed in this morning's ebXML PoC conference call, to prepare for
Vienna, we'll need information from each of the planned participants that
will help us to allocate them to scenarios and roles based on the
capabilities that they can provide. At the April 17th face-to-face meeting,
we can then formalize this allocation so there is enough time to do things
properly for Vienna.

To make sure this happens, we have set the following deadlines:
- participants provide the information requested below, by close-of-business
Friday, April 6;
- Sid, Sig, Bill, and Philippe will use the information to draft a strawman
allocation of participants to scenarios by Wednesday, April 11.

Please provide the following information (and feel free to add other
categories if necessary):

*	what are the scenarios that you can participate in? (refer to PoC
document for what the scenarios are)
*	within these scenarios what is (are) the role(s) that you can play?:
*	buyer
*	supplier
*	credit authority
*	bank
*	exchange
*	laboratory
*	hospital
*	clinical data repository
*	physician office
*	registry provider
*	registry client
*	hub
*	certificate authority
*	provider of runtime codes
*	other
*	what functional capabilities can you provide? (based on Sig's
Functional Requirements section):
*	discovery from registry: CPP, business documents, core components
*	CPA formation
*	dynamic trading configuration based on CPA
*	execute business process for negotiation of CPA
*	registry coordination with UDDI
*	multi-hop messaging
*	reliable messaging
*	messaging security:
*	DSIG for authentication
*	PGP, S/MIME for encryption
*	ability to access certificate authority
*	secure access to registry contents
*	HTTP messaging
*	SMTP messaging
*	trading based on defined business processes
*	payloads
*	participant will define payloads (DTD/Schema plus examples; specify
source (OAG, RosettaNet, HL7, etc., or homegrown)
*	participant defines payloads based on core components
*	storage of core components in registry/repository
*	business process capabilities
*	storage in registry/repository
*	business process editor
*	CPA rendering through business process editor
*	monitoring
*	choreography expressed in ebXML Schema

Based on the information that you provide, we'll do our best to come up with
a fair allocation. Participants may or may not be able to show all of their
capabilities at the PoC, based on time constraints, etc., but we'll do our
best.

Please send information to Sid (saskary@netfish.com), Sig
(swhandel@us.ibm.com), Bill (william.cox@bea.com) and myself
(pdesmedt@viquity.com). Feel free to include the entire PoC list if desired.

Thanks. Again, please get this information in by Friday, April 6.

-Philippe
Philippe De Smedt
Architect
Viquity Corporation (www.viquity.com)