Subject: Re: Metadata Registry Coalition Meeting/Teleconference Notice - 14 March

ebXMLers,

I would make an excellent candidate to attend.  The meeting is being held
in my building.  However, I will be attending a different conference on
March 14.  I'll try and catch the last few hours though.

--lisa

At 08:47 PM 03/12/2000 -0600, srh@us.ibm.com wrote:

>ebXMLers,
>Is there anyone on the ebXML Registry Team comitted to attend
>this meeting in person? I happen to be planning to be in Washington
>and could potentially show up at this.
>
>Scott R. Hinkelman
>IBM Austin
>SWG Java Solutions
>XML/Java Standards Architecture
>Office: 512-823-8097 TL793-8097
>Home: 512-930-5675
>Cell: 512-940-0519
>srh@us.ibm.com
>Fax: 512-838-1074
>

>Terry Allen <tallen@sonic.net> on 03/09/2000 02:50:24 PM
>
>To:   ebxml-regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
>cc:
>Subject:  Metadata Registry Coalition Meeting/Teleconference Notice - 14
>      March
>

>extract from the notice, without the attached PDF - TA
>>From GSperle@hcfa.gov  Thu Mar  9 12:24:39 2000
>Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:19:02 -0500
>From: Glenn Sperle <GSperle@hcfa.gov>
>To: (list of individuals deleted)
>Subject: 11179 Metadata Registry Coalition Meeting - 14 Mar 2000
>

>11179 Metadata Registry Coalition Meeting/Teleconference Notice - 14 March
>2000
>
>The teleconference number for the 14 March 2000 meeting is:
>
>1-888-391-6575 and passcode is 25161 followed by #sign.
>

>When: Tuesday, March 14 - 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
>
>Where: National Institute of Standards and Technology
>
>(NIST) North, Building 820, Room 152
>
>820 West Diamond Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD.
>

>Agenda:
>
>1. Introduction of attendees.
>
>2. Review of Agenda
>
>3. Anju Rathi, Data Registry - Architect, National Data Systems will speak
>on
>model extensions to ISO-11179 used in developing the U.S. Department of
>Veterans
>Affairs, Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Corporate Data Registry
>(CDR).
>
>The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
>(VHA)
>Corporate Data Registry (CDR) will collect, systemize, store and maintain
>information about VHA corporate data to provide internal standards for
>heterogeneous distributed information systems and support data quality by
>providing common understanding of data meaning, representation, relation
>and
>business rules. The VHA CDR design conforms to the standards identified in
>ISO
>11179 Information Technology - Specification and Standardization of Data
>Elements and NCITS L8 - Data Representation. The CDR team has extended the
>ISO
>11179 standards to facilitate the following capabilities:
>
>Capability to link data standards to the actual data elements residing in
>the
>operational systems
>Documentation of the sensitivity level for the data element
> [...]

Lisa J. Carnahan
Information Technology Laboratory
Room 562, Bldg. 820
Gaithersburg, Md. 20899