Subject: Re: Urgent - Need review of presentation abstract by COB Monday

> sorry i forgot to add that ebXML is not a 'language' as many may interpret
this to
> mean.  in a sense it is more a way of referring to meaning rather than
meaning
> itself (e.g. more semiotics than grammar).
>
> i am still struggling with a better title, maybe...
>
> 'ebXML: defining a framework for electronic business'

Nice work

Pinning down good catch phrases is highly important.

I think 'ebXML: defining a framework for electronic business' is good but
too modest.  The part 'a framework for . . 'does not sufficiently
differentiate ebXML from the herd of proprietary and competing standards for
ebiz.  To the average business person and even "experts" in the evolving web
cyclone, ferreting out the significance of one web standard from another is
confusing or a complete mystery.

Starting from the perspective that ebXML is (or is destined to become) THE
holy grail standard that will coalesce the fractured morass currently out
there.  Being a bit "over the top" early on may be necessary to get the
point across and challenge recognition, comment and participation.

I suggest statements more on the line of 'ebXML: defining the universal
framework for electronic business interchange'. 'ebXML: defining the
framework for electronic business'. 'ebXML: defining the international
standard framework for electronic business'.  Or, 'ebXML: defining the grand
pubah, stupendous international framework for electronic business'.  OK, I'm
just kidding about the last one!

Rob Syputa
206-367-6931

> Tim McGrath wrote:
>
> > I agree with Alan - this is a suitable abstract.
> >
> > To add my penny's worth,..
> >
> > i suggest the title 'ebXML: The new language of electronic business' may
be
> > misleading.
> >
> > para. 3. , sentences 2 & 3 do not read correctly.
> > how about...
> >
> > "Many of these initiatives share
> > common requirements.  To allow interoperability amongst these services a
common
> > e-business framework is needed.  Therefore, in November 1999, the UN CEF
ACT and