Subject: ebXML Registry Services Specification: Draft Proposal

Attached is a draft proposal for an ebXML Registry Services
specification. I have spoken to
Scott and gotten his permission to float this proposal for review by the
team.

The document should be viewed as a very rough high level straw dog
proposal that could
be used as an initial starting point for more substantial and detailed
specification of
Registry Services.

In this version (v0.3), the document describes basic Registry
functionality and
identifies the business protocols as well as business documents required
to support
the functionality. Details on the message structure (DTDs) are omitted
in most cases
deliberately. Instead, the document has place holders for the DTDs.
While I have DTDs
defined in most cased I felt that that level of detail should probably
be specified
with more broader input from the regrep team.

This version specifically does not address the Query/retrieval aspects
of the Registry Services.
While I have some thoughts and works-in-progress in this area, I wanted
to get some dialog on
it with the team prior to writing it down.

I would appreciate your thoughts and comments, help and participation in
getting the document
beyond its current humble origin.

Farrukh Najmi

RegistryServicesSpecification v0-3.pdf

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;fax:781-442-1610
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Drive, MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh S. Najmi
end:vcard