Subject: Registry Services Specification v0.4 (resend)

Dont know why but my last post did not appear....

Attached you will find the 0.4 version of the Registry Services
Specification. major changes include:

-Query/Retrieval support with place holder for keyword search support

-All ebXML TRP messages in the spec now have schema definitions in the
appendix.
 These (as is the rest of the spec) are to be viewed as a starting point

for discussions.

With these changes, we have what I consider to be the essential aspects
of Registry Services
needed for Tokyo POC. This brings me to an important point:

There is a lot of downstream work that needs to happen in POC in time
for Tokyo to get
participants to implement Registry Services and clients. This cannot
begin until we as a team have
worked through all the issues that need resolution in order to have the
first working version
of the Registry Services spec (lets call it 1.0 version). So far I have
not heard from any of the team
members on v0.3. I am sure there are good reasons (vacations etc.) but
this is worrisome.

I would like to propose the following plan to make regrep a reality for
Tokyo POC:

<appeal>
Please don't consider the plan to be overly prescriptive.
It only reflects the realities we face.
</appeal>

1. We begin dialog on the 0.4 version of the spec right away by email
and con call.

2. We set a goal that we will have all issue on the table by September
15th.

3. We set a goal that we will resolve all issues and reach agreement on
v1.0
 (working version of the spec) by September 21.

4. We set a goal that we will deliver v1.0 for use by POC with final
changes
 by COB September 22.

I realize that this is aggressive. IMHO we need to stick to this
schedule if
participants are to have time to implement this functionality.

To begin progress on item 1. I propose that we hold a conference call
early next week
(1.5 hour slot) to have a focused review of v0.4 of the spec.

I will be glad to host the call (logistics when dates are firmed). Here
are my
preferred time slots in which the call could fit. Please let me know
your prefs:

-Mon 9/11 Any time between 12pm-4pm EDT

-Tue 9/12 Any time between 12pm-3:30pm EDT

Farrukh Najmi

RegistryServicesSpecification v0-4.pdf

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;fax:781-442-1610
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Drive, MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh S. Najmi
end:vcard