Subject: Re: Thoughts on Classification support in RS

Hello All,

Is there a conference call this morning?  Did I miss the call info?

During the last conference call I volunteered to provide attribute concepts and information related to the Registry Service Specification.

In thinking about this...the Reg/rep group has not yet started to define the attributes common to all registered items, nor has it begun coordinating with BP and CC to create additional attributes necessary for BPs and CCs.  This is not a trivial exercise that can be completed fully using the schedule for the Tokyo POC.  Nor does it need to be.  Except for the classification attributes, which need to be thought through some more as indicated by Farrukh below, the attributes defined in the current Registry Service Specification should suffice for the POC.  Perhaps additional attributes for registered items that are organizational profiles may fall out of the POC process.

I'd like to propose that a note be placed in the current Registry Service Spec. pointing out that the current list of attributes is not a complete list of attributes, but will suffice for the Tokyo POC.

I hope we can discuss this more during the next conference call.

--lisa