Subject: Re: Interface Primitives Draft V021.

I have taken the liberty to free my colleagues in TRP from this on going soap
opera that is an embarrassment for me as
a member of RegRep and an embarrassment for me as a member of ebXML and removed
ebxml transport from
the replyto of this message.

-Ideas should be put on the table in their proper working group and positioned
as a proposal.
-They should not be (mis)represented in other working groups as works of the
proper working group.
-They should not contain misleading statements that position ones company's
product or specs as ebXML's products and specs.
-They should not contain technologies/protocols used by ones company as ebXML's
supported and accepted technologies/protocols
-They should not be done as parallel universes to officially sanctioned works
in the proper working group

RR has only 2 Sun reps. So far only one has been putting ideas on the table.
The other has been giving valuable feedback like all other team members. I have
to belong to some company and it happens to be Sun. The ideas I have been
putting on the table would have been identical to what they are currently had I
been working for another company. Two weeks ago we had no specs or propsals on
the table. Where were you then?

--

Regards
Farrukh

David RR Webber wrote:

> Klaus,
>
> Can I please have an official clarification from the Steering Committee on
> this.
>
> As you can see from my original posting - I was indeed clearly stating that
>
> my work is in alignment with and complimentary to the work being done
> by Farrukh, and offered 5 numbered items to this effect.
>
> The clarification I am formally seeking is I want it made clear
> if in fact only employees of Sun Microsystems and IBM
> (International Business Machines) Corp. are allowed to provide input to
>  the Registry/Repository group as formal documents - or if other members
>  are, from time to time, are allowed to submit <draft> documents detailing
> ideas
>  and concepts that they feel should be considered in the context of the
>  work Sun and IBM are doing?
>
> Also - is it acceptable for people who do not wish to use UML modelling
> tools
> to illustrate design concepts with alternate comparable methodologies?
>
> Once we have this clarification, then I feel I can better understand how
> one
> can interact within the Registry / Repository working group.
>
> Respectfully, DW.
> Message text written by Farrukh Najmi
> >
> David,
>
> I don't know what this document is and how it relates to RegRep. We do not
> want to
> create parallel universes in regrep. AFAIK I was assigned the task of
> defining the RR
> info model and registry services spec by Scott as an outcome of our last
> meeting. I
> am working very hard to do this. This sort of unsolicited activity creates
> FUD (Fear,
> Uncertainty and Doubt) that is highly undesirable for us to make foreword
> progress.
> Please cease and desist. Scott, please weigh in as the team lead. I am very
> frustrated by this sort of out of band activity. This needs to stop. I will
> not have
> it any more.
>
> Look David. I thought we had a private conversation that we will work
> together and
> make this RR stuff work. What we need is to review the work that is already
> on the
> table. We do not need parallel documents that JUST CREATE FUD. I am so
> frustrated
> that I cannot even say a nice word about the hard work you have put into
> whatever the
> heck this document is.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Farrukh
>
> David RR Webber wrote:
>
> > Attached PDF of V 0.21
> >
> > Some issues and next steps.
> >
> > 1) Figure out alignment with Farrukh's classification doc -
> >      this does not look too tough - both are in alignment is my
> [...]

Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;fax:781-442-1610
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Drive, MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh S. Najmi
end:vcard