Subject: RE: Interface Primitives (next steps).

Message text written by "Munter, Joel D"
>i recommend that we "END THIS THREAD" now and ask that all on the Reg/Rep
team dutifully review david's interfaces draft and consider its content for
inclusion into the registry specification documentation that is currently
under development and in review.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Joel,

Done.  Sorry about the confusion on the email headers.

Agreed - in fact part of the problem has definately been my
hectic travel schedule this week to the West coast and barrage
of meetings - I knew I needed to call Farrukh earlier but was
on airplanes at the wrong moments.   I'm still a big believer in the
power of the telephone over email.

Anyway - result from todays tele-conf' was I made the "connect"
with what Farrukh has been telling me for 5 days - and me not
being able to see from the DTD doc's - that the 'why' is his
disenchantment with the interface draft.

Now I can fix all this - and I actually like a lot the approach
Farrukh has - with the small caveat that as he noted - the
devil is in the details.

I'm looking at this weekend to do a document fragment -
not a whole doc - that synergizes using his pieces with mine
so far.

Also - as Scott noted some of the DTD names are not clear,
so I'll suggest some things there - but most urgently needed
is a diagram showing the hierarchy and call sequence of them.

If Farrukh does not beat me to putting that together - I'll
draft that too this weekend.  Talk with everyone on Monday
hopefully.

Thanks, DW.