Subject: followup: RE: PRAGMATISM: A few of my own : RE: Problems with Classificatio ns

Also, my curiousity in topicmaps is not to propose an ebXML
endorsement...but to allow the support of anything.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Nieman, Scott
To: 'David RR Webber '
Cc: 'ebxml-regrep@lists.ebxml.org '; ''Sam Hunting' '
Sent: 9/30/00 8:22 AM
Subject: RE: PRAGMATISM: A few of my own : RE: Problems with Classificatio
ns

David, I think we are agreeing.  I am presenting  the idea that we leave
OUT
of the model the detail of how a scheme is composed (i.e., Nodes, Items,
Levels), because it is a  debatable item, and will be for months.  Let
the
DOM manage it; if its XML, we can figure it out and simply manage
associations.  I don't care if the scheme is XMI (in UML.DTD or MOF.DTD
format) or a Topicmap or David's home brew.

To me leaving it out is KISS.

Regards,

Scott