Subject: Registry Services v0.8

Attached is the Registry Services v0.8. I am assuming that this version
(and the Information Model v0.3 submitted earlier today) have met all
the issues raised in the review last Thursday that are relevant to Tokyo
POC. All unresolved issues have been captured in the issues lists to the
best of my recollection.

What is need now is for the team leadership to decide whether we can
declare IM v0.3 and RS v0.8 as the POC version for Tokyo. This
declaration would need to be communicated to the POC team. Note that
there are now 34 days left to show time at Tokyo (including weekend and
holidays). IMHO we need to reach the decision today rather than waiting
for the outcome of the next RR meeting later this week.

The two changes based on the review are:

1. Changed “managed object” to “managed object content”.
2. Provided asynchronous query support with method additions to
ObjectQueryManager and ObjectQueryManagerClient.
3. Fixed typo in sample XMl for classification submission example.

Note that #2 was necessary because it was evident from the TRP f2f
meeting that synch request/reply may not be fully addressed in phase 1
of the Messaging Service spec. This is a phasing issue only. Our draft
spec, specifies both the synch and asynch versions of queries. For Tokyo
POC we must support the asynch version of calls. Synch support is not
required for Tokyo POC. Note that Registry Browser implementations would
have to transparently block requests until corresponding response is
received in order to simulate synch behavior.

Farrukh

RegistryServicesSpecification v0-8.pdf

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;fax:781-442-1610
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Drive, MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh S. Najmi
end:vcard