Subject: Re: Important for POC Registry Implementors: Bug Fixes inRegistryServices v0.8

[Farrukh Najmi writes]
> The use of lower case 'e' at the
> beginning is inconsistent with CamelCase naming convention being  followed
by RR specs and also causes problems
> with some automated tools.

[David Webber responds]
> Yuk!  Machines getting precedence over humans?
>
> ebXMLError is logically correct - we should retain this.
>
> The rule should be that ebXML is spelled ebXML in all
> cases.  That's an obvious and intuitive need.
>
> I'm intriged to know " also causes problems with some automated tools" -
> like what?
>
> Can we please fix the automated tools! The tail should not wag the dog.

I agree with DaviD that human-readability is paramount. David Burdett's
original style should be maintained.

(1) Humans matter. See the (approved) Requirements:

<quote>The goal is to provide an XML-based open technical framework to
enable XML to be utilized in a consistent and uniform manner for the
exchange of\ Electronic Business (EB) data in application to application,
application to human, andhuman to application environments-thus creating a
single global market.</quote>.

(2) In particular, humans who can't necessarily purchase expensive
development tools (that impose camel case requirements) matter:

<quote>
Support for a range of implementations from basic, low cost solutions
appropriate
for Small or Medium Enterprise (SME) deployment, to comprehensive, complex
implementations using all optional features appropriate to large enterprises
</quote>

Sam Hunting
EComXML
XML Evangelist