Subject: RE: A proposal for an ebXML Publish Subscribe Service

Hi,

	This is an excellent idea.

	We just architected and developed a B2B query and notification service from
scratch using JMS because there are no standards. So this subject is very
near and dear to me.

	My only concern is that, this belongs to a hub/infomediary not a
registry/repository. We need to practice the object orientation - components
which do only one function and perform that one function well.

	If we could find a way to position the registry and the hub under one roof,
it would be good.

	cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@east.sun.com]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 8:55 AM
To: ebxml repository

ebXML RegRep List,

As we make progress on ebXML Registry, it is important for us as a team
to keep moving forward on important functionality that is needed for
ebXML
Registry and Repository. In that spirit I have attached a proposal for
that enables
pub/sub style brokered ebXML Messaging that
will allow for reliable many-to-many B2B communication between
parties.

The proposal relies and build upon both the ebXML Registry
Service as well as the ebXML Messaging Service. I am not sure where this

proposal fits best but my current thinking for a variety of reasons is
that it may be another Registry Service. Note that this proposal is
not a complete specification but meant only to spark the idea. Mahy
details
have been omitted in teh interest of brevity.

I would like us to engage in a discussion on this important subject
prior
to Tokyo with the goal of having a more detailed discussion on the topic

during our face-to-face meetings at Tokyo.

Farrukh