Subject: RE: A proposal for an ebXML Publish Subscribe Service

David, this is not rocket science as it is primarily a listening service
that interacts with the messaging service.  two classes and two operations.
the publish operation of course calls the messaging service.  It should be
considering a shoe-in.
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber
To: Philippe DeSmedt
Cc: ebxml repository; Farrukh Najmi; 'Krishna Sankar'
Sent: 10/30/00 6:25 PM

Message text written by Philippe DeSmedt

I fully support Krishna's notion to house the registry and the
intermediary
(hub) under one roof, and I think that the way the registry is currently
spec'd allows them to coexist quite well. Using a registry to support
pub/sub is a natural thing to do in my mind. In this scenario, a hub
could
be a client of a repository.

-Philippe<

Phillippe - I'm not convinced.

What this sounds like is ICE - (see W3C site) and thus we are saying
we take an ebXML TRP delivery engine and bolt it on to the Registry
so you have that interfacing via the TRP RM stuff.

That's fine - but two things jump out immediately.  First it is out of
scope
for Phase 1 ebXML - per the TA and Requirements doc's.

Second - if some vendor wants to do this - great.  But I would not want
to spend too many clock-cycles on this in Tokyo till we have
everything else dialed.    We may find then - that with a better
interface
model and set of XML mechanisms this is a shorter hop than
currently I'm seeing this to be...

Thanks, DW.