Subject: Re: Priorities: POC and RS Specification

Hi Scott,

On 13 Nov you offered to (within a few days): to summarize the Tokyo meeting
activities, to clearly identify the decisions made, any actions taken, and
to publish on this list service.  I have not seen that documentation yet.
Have you completed this?

Please let those who were not in Tokyo have a full, complete, and unbiased
report of what transpired with respect to the Registry and Repository Team
at the Tokyo meetings. I have been asked by others in my travels and cannot
answer with any accuracy.

Sincerely,
Joel Munter

-----Original Message-----
From: Nieman, Scott [mailto:Scott.Nieman@NorstanConsulting.com]
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 7:36 AM
To: 'ebxml-regrep@lists.ebxml.org '; 'Krishna Sankar '
Subject: Priorities: POC and RS Specification

I believe that we need to prioritize in this order
1) ad-hoc query
2) authentication
3) pub-sub (if time permits; since this is in the v2 bucket)

I would like each of these services proposals written out as if they were
chapters in the Registry Services specification.  Perhaps we need an Outline
in the RS spec and put in placeholders until the chapters are approved.

Also, I strongly believe that this document have appendices that cover the
business use cases (how a SO is registered, how a classification scheme is
added, how to associate a Managed Object to a classification, etc.) so that
people picking up the specification understand there are some real life
applications that these services can support.

Scott