Subject: Security Discussion: Changed Agenda: Teleconference : 12/21/200 012:30-4pm CDT : RIM discussion follow-up

To follow-up regarding the StC conversation today, I would like to invite
Rik, Marty, Sid, Nick and anyone else to join the scheduled RR
teleconference tomorrow, to discuss a potential need for a separate ebXML
Security Service, specifically to handle authentication, encryption, and
decryption needs.   Messages and payloads could be processed through this
service.

RR is concerned about overlap, and general architectural issues.  At this
time, RR is specifying this functionality, however, this functionality is
also required for normal B2B.  Specifying a single Security Service would
enable RR to focus on role-based authorizations, integrity, etc.

I would like this discussion to last no more than one hour, with that
discussion to be the first topic.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Nieman, Scott [mailto:Scott.Nieman@NorstanConsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 4:35 PM
To: 'ebxml-regrep@lists.ebxml.org'
Subject: Teleconference : 12/21/2000 12:30-4pm CDT : RIM discussion
follo w-up

Meeting Date: 12/21/2000
Meeting Time: 12:30-4pm CDT (please note CDT)

The dialup information is:
USA: 800.892.0357
Sorry no toll-free for International callers: usa 612.352.7899
Meeting ID #8186
25 locations setup

Agenda: Review the RIM updates based on input from 12/19 telcon.

Please read the document prior to the call.

Regards,

Scott