Subject: Security model: take 2

I apologize for the confusion this may cause. Based on some discussions
with Ron Monzillo who is the security architect for my group, I am
enclosing some last minute modifications to the security model in RIM
0.51.

I humbly propose that we review RIM 0.51 as is first. When we are
through with the discussion (or likely during the security part of the
discussion) we can look at this new picture (attached) and I can explain
the changes that Ron has proposed. We could then decide on which version
of the model is better for our needs.

The key change is that there is exactly 1 AccessControlPolicy (ACP)
object explicity defined for each Object. The ACP object specifies a
collection of Permissions. Each Permission grants access specific
methodName to an associated Privilege.

More during meeting.

Farrukh

GIF image

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard