Subject: RE: Declarative, Procedural, One, Many,... [was; vOTE CALL: RE: Counter Proposal Paper Draft 0.9]

Nikola,

It would not be hard, but would require that a base QL was specified, such
as XPath, that all registries need to understand.  Other query languages
could be supported much like multiple scripting languages are supported in
most web browsers.  It is also an idea to spin adhoc query off to a
sub-group, whose mandate would be to design a adhoc query framework, sort of
like the Bean Scripting Framework.

--
Matthew MacKenzie
VP Research & Development
XML Global Technologies, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikola Stojanovic [mailto:nhomest1@twcny.rr.com]
Sent: January 12, 2001 8:47 AM
To: ebxml-regrep@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: Re: Declarative, Procedural, One, Many, ... [was; vOTE CALL:
RE: Counter Proposal Paper Draft 0.9]

<Scott Hinkelman>
If I were to vote, and ask to vote on a single query language I would not.
I suggest alignment to multiple languages
</Scott Hinkelman>

How would we do this alignment? Seems not to be an easy job?

Regards,
Nikola

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:MacKenzie;Matthew
FN:Matthew MacKenzie
NICKNAME:Matt
ORG:XML Global Technologies, Inc.;Research & Development
TITLE:VP Research & Development
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(604) 717-1100
TEL;VOICE:(800) 201-1848
TEL;WORK;FAX:(604) 717-1107
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;1818 Cornwall Avenue=0D=0ASuite 9;Vancouver;British Columbia;V6J 1C7;Canad=
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:1818 Cornwall Avenue=0D=0ASuite 9=0D=0AVancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7=
=0D=0ACanada
URL:http://www.xmlglobal.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:matt@xmlglobal.com
EMAIL;INTERNET:matt@GoXML.com