Subject: Re: Declarative, Procedural, One, Many,... [was; vOTE CALL: RE: Counter Proposal Paper Draft 0.9]

Nikola,
"How" obviously would have to be worked out by the group. Yes it would not
easy with a threat of too-generic results,
but with potential trade-off of durability over time. The group has already
focused at the information model level, not
specifically at the 'Business' level (as DW pointed out with comments about
"...but we could define the Business API....")
so working at the information level is assumed; and then adhoc query
becomes appropriate since you know
the backing model. Hence, since we are talking more at the
information-level in ebXML vrs 'Business-level' and
I question why support only one information query language.

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

Nikola Stojanovic <nhomest1@twcny.rr.com> on 01/12/2001 10:46:33 AM