Subject: Update on SQL sub-set query processor implementation

<background>
Please note that this message is in the same spirit as

    http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-regrep/200101/msg00041.html

where I had reported back to the team on the feasability of an XPATH
based approach proposed by other team members as an alternative to my
original proposal. The intent is to keep a collective pulse on the
implementation ease of our specifications.
<background>

After submitting the specs to QR Monday night, I spent about 4 hours
yesterday coding the query processor for the sub-set SQL query syntax as
defined by the specs. The ease of the effort surpassed my own
expectation. I was able to code a query processor in about 4 hours that
parses all the queries in RS as well as much more complicated queries.
Note that I had no prior implementation of the query processor other
than teh BNF that I had included in the spec.

I will now be focusing on binding the query processor to my back end
implementation. My expectation is that this will take 2-3 days. I will
keep the team posted on my findings. If anyone is implementing the specs
for please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to help.

So far things look very encouraging.

Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard