Subject: [Fwd: Implementation of XML QUERY]

FYI,

In my quest for query experts and their opinions I came across Chetan on
the xml-dist-app list. Coincidently, it seems that they are discussing
this issue of late.

Please note that ease of use by application developers was our #1
requirement.

Chetan, if you care to discuss this issue with the team you will have to
sign up with the team mailing list at:

    http://www.ebxml.org/participate.htm

Farrukh

hello farrukh,

we tried to use XML query at HP on their ESpeak next generation technology.

The biggest problem we found was that it is not very easy for application
level developers to rapidly learn and start using.

Plus even with XML query, most developers tend to want to do relational
kinds of queries.

another issue is that there arent very good tools to help generate XML
queries or to parse them easily. Whereas for SQL there are lots of tools

With SQL, most application developers are familiar with it and can quickly
use it to query the XML content

just some preliminary thoughts.

hope this helps

regards