Subject: RE: IBM UDDI / ebXML / OASIS presentation given 2/14/01 in Vancou ver

Scott,
Thanks, I will pass the suggestion of a "Registry Summit" on to the UDDI WG.
I like the idea of FTF discussions also.  The only conflict that I am aware
of is with XML DevCon (in NY) that same week.  I'll get a note back to the
Reg/Rep list following our UDDI WG discussions this week.
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Nieman, Scott [mailto:Scott.Nieman@NorstanConsulting.com]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 6:45 AM
To: Munter, Joel D; ''ebxml-regrep@lists.ebxml.org' '
Cc: 'Joel Farrell '; 'Dan Wolfson '; 'Josephine Cheng '; 'Don Haderle ';
''Dan Chang' '; 'Scott Hinkelman '; 'Jonathan Dayao '
Subject: RE: IBM UDDI / ebXML / OASIS presentation given 2/14/01 in
Vancou ver

Joel, your are correct, and perhaps the distributed architecture IS the
point of convergence for UDDI, ebXML and OASIS.  ebXML has had a distributed
registry model in mind from its inception, written in the Requirements
specification, Technical Architecture specification, and the Registry
Business Domain specification ( use cases ).  However, the implementation
specifications ( Registry Services and Registry Information Model ) do not
have this detailed.

In the January ebXML Registry f2f meeting at Sun in Burlington, MA, we
agreed that the next f2f would be hosted by Norstan in Minneapolis.  I would
like to entertain that this f2f be a "Registry Summit" to kick off the
UDDI/ebXML/OASIS convergence conversation.  I am proposing April 9-11 which
should be nice spring time weather.  Please announce this to the UDDI folks
so that we can nail down the logistics.  Personally I prefer a M-W meeting,
but if M-F is warranted, I can be convinced especially if is to dedicate
time to complete specifications.  If the week is going to pose a conflict, I
am flexible in April.  But I do believe it should be in early to mid April
to move this concept nicely into the May ebXML meeting in Vienna.

Best regards,

Scott