Subject: Re: Resubmission of Distributed Registry Approaches.ppt

I completely agree with Lisa's comments. Further, to add to her point 2), I
don't see OASIS, already operating their .org registry, or even CEFACT
(judging from Ray W's Vancouver comment about minimal resources) operating
some BIG registry. Do not under-estimate the operating costs. Some of us
have concluded that an instance of an ebXML Registry will most likely be
community-based, as Lisa well describes, unlike some global directory like
UDDI. That said, if you believe this to be the most likely topology, you
would agree as I do that Klaus's comment is misdirected.

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

Lisa Carnahan <lisa.carnahan@nist.gov> on 04/03/2001 09:05:34 AM