Subject: Revised Intro to RS Section 8.2 (Filter Query)

ebXML Regrep,

Attached is a 2-page PDF document that is my proposal for a revision of the
introductory paragraphs to Section 8.2 of the Registry Services
specification (version 0.88).

This re-wording has at least two improvements over the existing wording:

1) It makes clear that a FilterQuery can stand on its own as an
AdhocQueryRequest alternative, or that it can be the initial action of the
GetRegistryEntry or GetRepositoryItem alternatives of an AdhocQueryRequest.

2) It explains the motivation of a RIM Binding and gives a simple example.

I propose that this wording replace lines 836 to 869 of the existing
Registry Services version 0.88.

-- Len

FilterQueryIntro.pdf

Len Gallagher                             LGallagher@nist.gov
NIST                                      Work: 301-975-3251
Bldg 820  Room 562                        Home: 301-424-1928
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970 USA           Fax: 301-948-6213