Subject: RE: Do the RIM interfaces have to look like a Java API?

All,

Michael and Joel are not alone. This point has been made before:

  http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-regrep/200102/msg00021.html

But, realistically, it's too late to make changes of this magnitude in
Phase I of RIM. The topic is already on the issues list for Phase 2, and
I'll be one of those pushing for RIM to become more implementation neutral
in its Phase 2 incarnation.

But secondly, it doesn't really make any difference, because one doesn't
claim conformance to RIM interfaces. Instead, one claims conformance to
Registry Services interfaces, and they're all specified as XML messages.

-- Len