Subject: RE: Sun / IBM joint submission on using UDDI to locate ebXML Registries

David,
Good to hear your support. Please do not take the absence of Microsoft or
Ariba or any other company
as implying anything more than that. This was something we at IBM and folks
in Sun saw the same way,
as helpful, and could get it done within very limited time. Other
companies, although not directly approached
to help on this, may very well see things the same way considering where
things are.

I'm sure we can continue work in this area this year to insure all efforts
come to a clean picture, and welcome
help from other interested parties in this space concerning further
evolution this year.

Thanks,
Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

"Welsh, David" <David.Welsh@nordstrom.com> on 04/19/2001 01:11:07 PM