Subject: Re: ebXML Conference Call (was Re: ebXML Requirements Progress (or lack of it))

Mike,

Mornings CST will not work for me this week.  I can make Wednesday or Friday
afternoon this week.  Next week I can be available any morning except Wednesday
(given enough notice to shuffle other things around).

Thanks,

garret

Mike Rawlins wrote:

> Thanks, Bob.  That was a very good suggestion.  Please reply to me personally
> about how to get jump started on this
>
> Folks - Please indicate your availability for a conference call later this
> week or early next week.  Mornings (central standard time, U.S.) work best for
> me.  Please also indicate if your company might be willing to arrange and pick
> up the tab for the initial call.    We can discuss on the call whether we
> would all be available for a weekly call, and if so, when would work best.
>
> Mike
>
> sutor@us.ibm.com wrote:
>
> > I encourage you all to start having scheduled weekly teleconferences
> > to discuss your work. At this point we are following the W3C model where
> > participating companies pick up the tab for these teleconferences.
> >
> > Please let me know if Klaus or I can help you get this jumpstarted.

> > Bob Sutor
> >
> >         IBM XML Strategy and Technology Group: http://www.ibm.com/xml
> >         OASIS Chief Strategy Officer: http://www.oasis-open.org
> >
> >         Office 716-243-2445 / Fax 716-243-1778 / Tieline 320-9138
> >         Cellular 716-317-6899 / Pager 1-800-946-4645 PIN # 1473757
> >
> > Mike Rawlins <rawlins@metronet.com> on 12/13/99 04:40:25 PM
> >
> > Please respond to rawlins@metronet.com
> >
> > To:   "List, ebXML Requirements" <ebXML-Requirements@lists.oasis-open.org>
> > cc:   Klaus-Dieter Naujok <klaus@templar.net>, Robert S
> >       Sutor/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
> > Subject:  ebXML Requirements Progress (or lack of it)
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > There have been very few comments either about my proposed plan for
> > proceeding or the expanded outline that I sent out.  I assume that you
> > all find them both acceptable.
> >
> > Due to the lack of discussion, I must conclude that most of you (like
> > me), have been occupied with other priorities.   Our original target
> > date for a draft requirements document was 12/20.  That is a week from
> > today.  Given our lack of progress and the fact that I have received no
> > requirements from any of the other project teams, I am not optimistic
> > about our meeting that goal.   Therefore, I propose extending our
> > schedule.  Since many of us will be off for part or all of the Christmas
> > and New Year's holidays, and some of us may continue to be wrapped up in
> > Y2K remediation work, I think we should postpone until after 1/1/2000.
> > I propose we target for Monday, 1/10/2000.  That is still 3 weeks before
> > the next scheduled ebXML meeting.  That should give us time to circulate
> > the draft and get at least a few comments from other project teams.
> >
> > Please indicate in a reply to this message your acceptance (or lack of
> > same) to this re-scheduling.
> >
> > One thing I would like to do for sure this week is get volunteers for
> > the various sections.  I volunteered for non-functional requirements.
> > Mark Crawford had some good comments on organizational requirements.
> > Mark, would you like to do that section?    Please send also reply to
> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Minakawa;Garret
tel;fax:(650) 506-7812
tel;work:(650) 506-3412
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Oracle Applications
adr:;;500 Oracle Parkway, M/S 3op9;Redwood Shores;California;94065;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:gminakaw@us.oracle.com
title:Director, e-Business Integration
x-mozilla-cpt:;-20976