Subject: Re: Con Call Details for 1/13 - Updated Issues List

Oops, forgot the issues list...

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EDI Consulting
http://www.metronet.com/~rawlins/

ebXML Requirements Issues
=========================

Last Updated 1/11/2000

1.  Conflict - Maximize interoperability with existing EDI implementations, or maximize
interoperability between ebXML applications.

Proposed Consensus:  All other requirements asided, maximum interoperability between ebXML applications has
higher priority than maximizing interoperability with existing EDI implementations.  However, having an initial
solution within six months is also a high priority.  If the former can't be achieved within six months and the
latter can, then the latter has higher priority.

2.  Conflict - Maximize interoperability between ebXML applications, or maximize internationalization
by supporting multi-lingual ebXML components?  If the latter, which languages?

Consensus - Multi-lingual support has higher priority.

3.  Scope - Should the ebXML guidelines apply to business to consumer, or only business to business?

Consensus - B2B should be the primary focus and B2C secondary.  Any requirements specific to B2C are beyond our
scope.  Autmomated B2C may be within our scope, but presentation (in the sense of display to an end user) is not.

4.  Scope - Should the ebXML guidelines provide universally applicable cross industry document
definitions?

Consensus:  The guidelines should not provide these cross industry document definitions.