Subject: RE: Resend - Updated Issues List - Straw Poll

ebXML Requirements Issues
=========================

Last Updated 1/13/2000

1.  Conflict - Maximize interoperability with existing EDI implementations,
or maximize
interoperability between ebXML applications.

1. agree
2. disagree - both need to happen separately
3. agree
4. disagree

Proposed Consensus:  We should work primarily toward maximum
interoperability between ebXML applications,
i.e., a single standard.   We must provide a mechanism and migration path
for accomodating legacy EDI and other
XML efforts.

2.  Conflict - Maximize interoperability between ebXML applications, or
maximize internationalization
by supporting multi-lingual ebXML components?  If the latter, which
languages?

Consensus - Multi-lingual support has higher priority.

3.  Scope - Should the ebXML guidelines apply to business to consumer, or
only business to business?

Consensus - B2B should be the primary focus and B2C secondary.  Any
requirements specific to B2C are beyond our
scope.  Autmomated B2C may be within our scope, but presentation (in the
sense of display to an end user) is not.

4.  Scope - Should the ebXML guidelines provide universally applicable cross
industry document
definitions?

Consensus:  The guidelines should not provide these cross industry document
definitions.