Subject: vote

Kit Lueder's last-minute (sorry) vote on the issues:

1. Agree
2. Agree (but don't understand how multi-lingual is an issue at all)
3. Agree
4. Disagree (the issue should be stated more clearly--see below)

-----------------

> 4.  Scope - Should the ebXML guidelines provide universally applicable
> cross industry document definitions?
> Consensus:  The guidelines should not provide these cross industry
> document definitions.

What does this mean?  In current standards such as EDI, both the
formatting rules and the information content are defined.  This sounds
like
ebXML does not intend to manage the actual information content (e.g., a
catalog of  common business information products, DTDs, etc.) in a
manner
similar to efforts like EDI or more current XML-based initiatives like
BizTalk or Rosetta.  Am I interpreting this correctly, that ebXML will
specify/standardize only the envelopes?

--
    _/    _/             Kit C. J. Lueder
   _/   _/         _/   The MITRE Corp.         Tel:  703-883-5205