ebxml-stc message

Subject: Fwd: NOTICE OF REMOVAL FROM eLISTS

This is my second try to get this darn message to you.  I just hate computer programs which think they know what I was trying to do!  In this
case the program guessed wrong when it assumed because I use the words sub_scribe and unsub_scribe in a real message not at all indented to be
a service command request :-(

Having said that, I wanted you to be aware of the issue that I just identified. I also apologize in advance for the ugly looking broken up
lines which has to do with the fact that I am now using a copy of the send message that has hard returns inserted which cause a resend format
problem.  Had I more time and patience I would have fixed this, but...

Klaus

>From: "Klaus-Dieter Naujok" <knaujok@pacbell.net>
>To: "Karl Best" <kfbest@earthlink.net>
>Cc: "ebxml-stc" <ebxml-stc@lists.ebxml.org>
>Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:19:58 -0500

Karl,

It seems that elist unsub_scribes automatically a bad address.  In  principle this is a good feature,
however, depending how it is implemented, it can result in problems.  This is true if the address is
removed the first time a error is reported.  Some on this list will recall the topic when it was
suggested that the list-owners (the project team leads) should unsub_scribe manually every address that
causes them to receive an error response.  At that time IBM.COM had a gateway problem and had we all
followed that advice all participants using the ibm.com domain in their address would have been
unsub_scribe, including our Bob S.

What I am trying to say is, unless their is some analysis done on the error reported, the feature does
more harm than good.  I just received 8 emails that informed me that addresses were removed from many of
our lists.  The odd part is that all those were using the hotmail.com domain.  Further each email is
telling me that the address removed was the only one in that domain.  Strange.  Is it possible that
hotmail.com has a gateway problem, similar to that of ibm.com? I am very worried about the logic behind
elist in removing sub_scribers.

Could you please enlighten us about elist's removal process and why all hotmail.com addressees were
removed from ALL lists.

Thanks,

Klaus

>Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:38:25 -0400 (EDT)
>From: services@eListX.com
>Subject: NOTICE OF REMOVAL FROM eLISTS
>To: knaujok@pacbell.net, elist_owner@ebxml.org, duane@xmlglobal.com,
> rachelf@ix.netcom.com, plevine@telcordia.com, lms@wwnet.com,
> scott.nieman@norstanconsulting.com, elist_ow@eListX.com

The following email address has been removed from your elists because
messages to it have been undeliverable:

    whitehead_m@hotmail.com

The address was removed from the following elists:

    ebxml
    ebxml-architecture
    ebxml-awareness
    ebxml-bp
    ebxml-core
    ebxml-regrep
    ebxml-transport

For your information, there are NO other subscribers from the same
domain (hotmail.com).

Klaus-Dieter Naujok                        NextERA Interactive
Antioch, CA USA                                +1.925.759.1670

PGP Finger: 6A4B 1683 CD99 E7BE F855  CC2F 4569 6BD8 76BD 1117