ebxml-stc message

Subject: BizTalk and ebXML as seen by Dave Turner (MS)

In a article by Tim Wilson in Internet Week (17 July) http://www.internetwk.com/story/INW20000717S0001
Dave Turner was quoted:

"We don't see BizTalk and ebXML as being in conflict," said Dave Turner, Microsoft's XML evangelist. "We
are defining a means for exchanging data [via XML], but not the format of the data itself. We are not
trying to define things like business processes, which ebXML is trying to tackle." BizTalk and ebXML are
different approaches to XML messaging, but Microsoft plans to address those differences when the ebXML
standards are completed sometime in the middle of next year, Turner said. "We have customers that want to
build interoperable XML applications today, and that needs to be built on something that exists today," he
said.

--
Klaus-Dieter Naujok                        NextERA Interactive
Antioch, CA USA                                +1.925.759.1670

PGP Finger: 6A4B 1683 CD99 E7BE F855  CC2F 4569 6BD8 76BD 1117