ebxml-stc message

Subject: Re: FW: ebXML ARTICLE

Rachel,

Speaking as a 'business' representative, and as the only one currently on the
Steering
Committee, I have some comments.

Certainly you are correct that we will be demanding certain functionality of our
suppliers,
not because we "must" but because that's what happens when one is the customer
and has
business requirements.

 AIAG has very actively supported the work of ebXML, and the AIAG Board of
Directors
has agreed to wait until our work is finished before rushing to implement XML.
Doing it "NOW",
when it's not ready, would just be a waste of time and resources.

We in the automotive industry have great interest in Registry and Repository,
Technical Architecture, and Transport and Routing. That's why we have
representatives on
all of the above as well as Business Process and Core Components.

Business Process and Core Components are not the only project teams where all
issues
have not yet been resolved.   We on those two groups are working hard to
understand
each other, and reach common understanding.   Are the rest of you doing the
same, or
are you just focusing on us?

Mary Kay

Rachel Foerster <rachelf@ix.netcom.com> on 07/27/2000 08:50:11 PM