ebxml-stc message

Subject: RE: [Fwd: CBS.MarketWatch.com - Broadband Video & audio highlight s]

Duane did a good job getting the ebXML message out.   Anyone who gets this
sort of opportunity to get the word out should take it, and  I commend Duane
for not using it for self-promotion or for over promotion of XML Global's
contributions to ebXML.  However, I am disappointed in his selection of
companies to highlight and perhaps we need some guidance on how to conduct
interviews about ebXML.  To hear "Sun, IBM. Oracle, and XML GLobal"  --there
were no others mentioned to constitute the "etc" Duane suggests below --
upsets me because:

1) it fails to mention GM, Boeing, LTV Steel, and other real business
customers whose participation is essential to the credibility of the effort
2) it highlights Oracle, a company whose participation has been token at
best, just one notch above Microsoft's
3) it omits Commerce One, which has many people spending lots of time in
ebxml, and which was a SPONSOR of the last meeting. This means that I can't
even send this URL to others in my company because I'd get whacked for
spending $10,000 in my budget so recklessly.

bob