ebxml-stc message

Subject: Re: UDDI initiative led by Microsoft and IBM

thank you for responding so quickly in what must be a busy time for you. i just
would like a bit more clarification.

i can see how at a personal level you can champion this relationship but it
does not answer the question of why ebXML cannot be promoted (or at least
mentioned as synergistic) with these announcements.

My understanding is that ebXML is not competitive with UDDI.  UDDI is an
enabling mechanism to facilitate e-commerce, a flavour of which can be ebXML.
However, UDDI is building systems that overlap with work done in the RegRep
Team and I would assume the BP and Core Components and therefore Technical
Architecture as well.  These are 'corners of intersection'.

I agree that all participants in ebXML have their own commercial strategies.
it is not the UDDI strategy that is at issue (we must accept it at least) - it
is the way it is 'officially' presented as not related to ebXML that gives
concerns to other participants (well, me at least!).

i think the assurances other ebXML participants and business organisations
(well,me at least)  would like lies in someone defining:
* what are the mechanisms by which UDDI and ebXML will share technologies
('cover the corners')?
* how can we ensure ebXML and UDDI are aligned/ compatible?
* are these questions being addressed within the UDDI initiative as well?

--
regards
tim mcgrath
TEDIS   fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142

begin:vcard
n:McGrath;Tim
tel;pager:+61(0)299633829
tel;cell:+61 (0)438352228