ebxml-stc message

Subject: Re: UDDI, ebXML, and ecoFramework

Mike et al:

I have also reviewed this from a TA standpoint and our latest spec has
clear statements about what facilitation the Trading PArtner Profile
document specification must have.  I would invite a  revisit on this
subject after we release it to the STC next week.

IN the mean time,  here are some exerts:

"a)	A Trading Partner Profile (see section 7.0 "Trading Partner Profile
Functionality").   This TPP MUST contain a list of all Business
Processes (see section 8.0 "Business Process Requirements") supported by
the Trading Partner Actor.  The Business Processes identified in the TPP
MUST contain Globally Unique Identifiers which reference a file in an
ebXML  compliant Business Process Registry."

and this section.  PLease pay special attention to the 7.2.1 (c).  It
really specifies the one major difference between us and UDDI, BizTalk
and eCo.

"7.2 Functional Requirements

7.2.1 The following Requirements MUST be met by the Trading Partner
profile:

a)	The TPP SHALL be expressed as a valid XML document.

b)	The TPP SHALL contain legal and contact information in a human
readable form (TBD by the ebXML TP PT)

c)	The TPP SHALL contain one or more occurrences of Business Processes
which are supported by the Trading Partner Actor.  Each instances of a
Business Process MUST be indexed in an ebXML  compliant Registry and
identifiable by a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID)/

d)	The TPP SHALL identify at least one human contact for a Trading
Partner Actor

e)	The TPP SHALL contain sufficient information to meet the legal
requirements of businesses.

f)	The TPP SHALL contain sufficient information to make known the
Trading Partners Communication, Security and Web address information.

g)	The TPP SHALL contain other information to be determined by the ebXML
Trading Partner Profile Project Team and expressed in the resultant
Specification.

7.2.2 The TPP for each ebXML compliant Trading Partner MUST be indexed
by one or more ebXML  compliant Registries.

7.2.3 A TPP MUST be retrievable at run time by an ebXML Trading Partner
Actor by the methodologies described in the ebXML Transport, Routing and
Messaging Specification."

Duane NIckull