ebxml-stc message

Subject: RE: UDDI, ebXML, and ecoFramework

i am not aware that anyone is using the eco framework at the moment. it was
a non starter. one of the reasons was lack of marketing.... best regards,
rik

-----Original Message-----
From: duane [mailto:duane@xmlglobal.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 11:09 PM
Cc: ebxml-stc

Mike et al:

As it currently stands,  the eCo.XML files are not compliant enough with
the functional requirements of ebXML to fit the bill.  IT would be very
nice to see the eCo.xml documents be extended to include the GUID
reference (or maybe soon to be called UUID as per UDDI).

I think that the eCo folks put a great stake in the ground but when you
stand back and look at the overall picture, there is more functionality
required.  Peter Kancades is our resident eCo expert within the TA
team.  I will take this issue up with him if he feels it would do any
good to modify the eCo framwork slightly to fit.

BTW - Is anyone using the eCo framework at present?

Duane