ebxml-stc message

Subject: Re: Submission of new TA specification DRAFT

Duane,

Here are some comments on section 7, Trading Partner Profile.

This section is a good beginning.  The TP team is in the process of
completing its requirements document.  When we are finished, I will forward
it to the Technical Architecture and Requirements teams for incorporation
of some of the material into their ebxml documents.

7.1 Overview

Line 11:  The TP team has decided that the profiles should encompass only
"IT" requirements and should specifically avoid involvement with
traditional legal requirements.  There will, no doubt, be a tag by which
the name of a legal document can be referenced but that is all.  Please
remove "legal requirements".

7.2 Functional Requirements

line 28:  The TP team intends that the profiles and TPAs be usable
independently of other ebXML specifications, as stated for all
specifications in the Requirements document.   Please change "MUST be
indexed" to "MAY be indexed".

line 33:  Per my comment to line 11, please delete item (e) about legal
requirements of businesses.

Line 1 on p. 22:  Did you intend for the line numbers to start from 1 on
each page?  Most ebXML specifications I have seen are numbered continuously
through the whole document.

Line1 on p.22:  Per my comment to Section 7.2, line 28:  Unless an
ebxml-compliant trading partner is one who is compliant with ALL ebXML
specifications, please change MUST to MAY.

Line 4 on p. 22:  Again, TPPs should be able to be used independently of
other ebXML specifications.  I suggest changing "A TPP MUST" to "A TPP that
is stored in an ebXML-compliant repository MUST".

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center