ebxml-stc message

Subject: Re: Common Business Objects

Paul:

Thanks for the quick input.  So far we have identified the terms "Core
Components" and "CBO's".  If we add the new terminology of "Data
Composites" (or another name?),  could you please provide us with an
overview of how you see these as different than CBO's.   To me,  both
CBOs and DCs are essentially the same syntactically however, they may be
semantically different in the modelling domain.  ISO/IEC JTC1 specifies
data elements as the building blocks of all subject matter but I was
unable to determine the rule structure for determining labelling of
higher up item componentry.  If each taxonomy may apply its' own rule
set, it may lead to an extraordinarily large number of possible
combinations of CC's for building DCs and CBOs.

Duane Nickull