ebxml-ta-security message

Subject: Re: EDITING HELP needed.....

Maryann,

The general message of section 8.2 is that more work is needed on security
in CPP/CPA for post-Vienna.  I fully agree.  Perhaps we can start the
discussions in Vienna.

There appear to be some contradictions in the discussions of where the
SecurityPolicy element should go in the CPP/CPA.  The second paragraph
(lines 465-472) proposes putting it under the ServiceBinding element as
preferable to putting it under DeliveryChannel.  Since both approaches
associate SecurityPolicy with a single DeliveryChannel element, I have no
preference and can accept the recommendation that making it a sibling of
Packaging is preferred.  However the fourth paragrpah states that
SecurityPolicy should be a SIBLING of DeliveryChannel.  That would put it
directly under PartyInfo and would eliminate any connection to a specific
DeliveryChannel except through an IDREF that would have to be added to
SecurityPolicy.  I suggest eliminating line 483 ("and should appear...as a
sibling of that element" (i.e. DeliveryChannel)) and letting paragraph 2
stand as suggesting the location.

Last bullet in section:  It is probably best to perform that review and
either remove lines 510-519 or replace them by a discussion of needed
improvements.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs