ebxml-ta-security message

Subject: RE: approval in Vienna

Krishna,
 What a TA group will do is what I'm concerned about and why I didn't push
for anything initially.
It looks like the TA group will "continue to develop specifications".  So,
I think they should
be required to address the "big" security issues and then if we need a
specific group,
these could be started ( I would prefer just referencing the work in the
W3C and Oasis).

The registry proposal WILL be published on the oasis web site as a white
paper, meaning
that it is background material relevant to the security technical report,
so if you don't think
this is a good idea or if you want to clean it up you should contact Karl
Best at Oasis...
he's now responsible for publishing the docs. I asked the group at the F2F
for approval and
also ran the idea by the registry group in Vienna. Everyone thought it was
an ok thing to do,
understanding that its just capturing discussion rather than representing a
way forward.
Hope this is ok.

Maryann

"Krishna Sankar" <ksankar@cisco.com> on 05/12/2001 09:40:06 PM