Subject: Re:tpaML Presentation from the San Jose Meeting

I just noticed that I never copied the appended reply to the whole list.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
---------------------- Forwarded by Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM on 08/31/2000
10:20 AM ---------------------------

Martin W Sachs
08/22/2000 01:52 PM

To:   "Mark CRAWFORD" <mcrawfor@mail.lmi.org>
cc:
From: Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Subject:  Re:tpaML Presentation from the San Jose Meeting  (Document link:
      Martin W. Sachs)

Mark,

Maybe I got myself into hot water by distributing the EDOC2000 presentation
instead of the exact one that I presented in San Jose. :-)
In fact, the slides that you are commenting on were not in my presentation
in San Jose.  Be that as it may:

Slide 3:  Here is the ebXML mission statement which is on the home page:

                               ebXML Mission:
                               To provide an open XML-based infrastructure
enabling the global
                               use of electronic business information in an
interoperable, secure
                               and consistent manner by all parties.

Maybe I misunderstand it but based on what I see above, I am not off base
with what I have on slide 3.

Slide 43:  True, we are only beginning to discuss the requirements for the
TPA.  On the other hand, ebXML did formally create a trading-partners team,
of which I am the team lead, the team has completed an objectives
statement, and we are moving ahead.  If that isn't a standardization
activity, I don't know what is.

Slide 47:  You didn't hear the mission statement at a steering committee
meeting, but you did hear it in my report to the plenary on the last day of
the San Jose meeting.  It is distilled from the objectives document that
the TP team created in San Jose.

I see that you are on the TP team list and were at the Aug. 10 team
meeting.  Perhaps you weren't at the Aguust 11 team meeting.

I look forward to your active participation as we proceed to flesh out
requirements and move on from there.

"Mark CRAWFORD" <mcrawfor@mail.lmi.org> on 08/22/2000 01:07:22 PM