Subject: RE: Registry Services, TPA formation,and TPA-Registry Responsibi liti es.

I think there is a lot of value in separating "message service" from
"process" related profiles/agreements since I think that message services
can much more easily be negotiated automatically without human involvement.
This then also leads to the notion that, at one level, we can have
completely separate TPPs and TPAs for a Messaging Service that can then be
used or selected when negotiating a Business Process if you need to.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 10:35 AM
To: Moberg, Dale
Cc: ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: Re: Registry Services, TPA formation, and TPA-Registry
Responsibiliti es.

Dale,

You are raising a good set of issues to consider.  I have a few off the
cuff observations.

I view the TPF process as fundamentally outside the registry.  The
repository holds TPPs and TPAs.  A TPA can be created fromTTPs and stored
back in the repository via the registry.  TPF might be an optional service
that some registries might wish to offer but it should not be required that
all TPF take place in a registry service.

I consider that using a single ebXMLspec independently of the others is
still a valid and important objective.

You are quite right that the TPF process cannot be totally mechanical.  It
has to include interaction with the individual parties for some of the
reasons you suggest.  Of course, that interaction must be built into the
TPF process whether it is part of ther registry or external to it.

I also suggest that we consider that TPF is a subject for a later stage of
ebXML and for the time being, focus on the contents of the TPP and TPA as
static entities.  When we later start to consider TPF, we might discover
the need for additional tags to control the TPF process (i.e. automated
negotation) but these can be added as an enhancement - or we might decide
that they belong in an associated document rather than in the TPP itself.

Regards,
Marty
*********

Martin W. Sachs