Subject: RE: latest Version; Chap16 Revision 2

Tony

There was a lot of discussion earlier on the list about the use of the term
"partner" rather than "party" and there was an original decision to move to
using "party".

The reason was that, in TRP, "party" rather than "partner" or "trading
partner" was preferred since the protocols and specs produced by TRP should
be usable in a "non-business" as well as a "business" context.

I think this is, and will continue to be true. Therefore, we need to think
whether or not we need to use terms consistently between TRP and TP.

Thoughts?

Regards

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Weida [mailto:TonyW@EDIFECS.COM]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 5:22 AM
To: Scott Hinkelman/Austin/IBM; Brian Eisenberg;
ebxml-architecture@lists.ebxml.org; 'Klaus-Dieter Naujok '; 'Bruce Peat
'; 'Jeff Suttor '; 'Duane Nickull '; 'David Webber ';
ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org

Scott,

This is an excellent write-up that I believe very accurately reflects the
deliberations of the TP team at our face to face meeting last week.  Two
minor points:

- A couple reference are made to parties rather than partners (the agreed
term).

- In the last diagram, I believe that one of the "same semantics" lines
should connect BP XML with BP UML, rather the UML modeling tool.  The one
between the UML and XML modeling tools is correct.

Thanks,
Tony Weida
Edifecs