Subject: RE: updated requirements specification

David,

The only thing attached to your note was the definition list.  The
partner-requirements document didn't come through to me.  However if you
were really sending the one from before the F2F, that's not the operative
version now.  Your email is referring to the newest version, however.

It's a bit hard to avoid circularity without having to put the definitions
list before the introduction.  I did try to minimize circularity in the
revised introduction. Further suggestions are welcome.

You have some good suggestions in the definitions list.  However in the
interest of moving forward I still want to hold them to apply later and
move the approval process forward (consensus of the F2F) with what came out
of the F2F.

As far as "transaction" goes, my personal intent is to use it only in a
colloquial sense, not in a formal sense, especially since BP seems to use
the word "commercial transaction" to mean one exchange of messages, which
often does not correspond to  a unit of business.  If we can find a
colloquial word to use the way that "transaction" is used in the latest
requirements spec, let's put that on the list of things to change after
Tokyo.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs