Subject: Re: comments on cpp/a 0.0

Chris,

I agree with most of the comments except for:

Section 2:  Let's leave things in the order given in the "RFC" template.  I
assume that the reason for using the RFC template is to position the
specifications to be moved to IETF if ebXML does not renew its charter.

   Incidentally, I'm not rushing to replace the TBD by a list of names.
   That list can easily get out of date and offend people by omissions. I
   suggest that we wait until Version 1.0 is nearly complete and then look
   back to decide what names to include.

Lines 40-60:  Some of this verbiage may be able to be lifted from the TP
Requirements document.

General:  Lets try to steal from the TP Requirements spec. before stealing
from the TRP spec.

287-297, sect. 9, Terminology:  I would like to develop our own terminology
list that stays in the CPP/CPA specification.  We can also feed it to the
TA Glossary.  I agree to putting it with the "RFC2119" text. A starting
point is the glossary that is in the TP Requirements document.

Additional note on terminology:  We are coming to the point of having to
byte the bullet on the word "optional", which appears all over the 0.0
draft.  If we want to fully comply with RFC2119, all instances of
"optional" in this book will have to be replaced by other verbage which
expresses cardinality 0-1 or 0-n. Roget's does not have a simple English
word that is a good alternative to "optional".

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center