Subject: Re: comments on cppml,v0.1.dtd

One thing to consider is that if we continue to "just point to a URL" for
the cert
that puts the onus on all of the URL owners to provide the structure when
obtaining it,
and authorization mechanisms with error messages etc. Yes it can all be
there at a URL,
but I think it is beneficial to think to accommodate a common structure for
this.

Spec:
"KeyInfo may contain keys, names, certificates and other public key
management information, such as in-band
key distribution or key agreement data."

Seems the CPP would be a good place to advertise a public key data, and
beyond that
it seems the issue is mostly on process as to what should appear where
when; Something
important but secondary to having a consistent structure. The structure
does seem flexible
enough to use in CPP and CPA. regardless of what appears when.

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS on 12/12/2000 02:00:32 PM