Subject: Re: packaging in CPP/CPA

looks as if there's still a problem viewing the attachments
in IE. I recommend that the attachments be saved to disk
and viewed with Notepad instead.

Cheers,

Chris

christopher ferris wrote:

> It has become apparent that it will be necessary to
> include the packaging specification (Dale's work)
> in the CPP/CPA for each message which is defined
> in a given business process that is referenced within
> a CPP/CPA.
>
> What I propose is that we define packaging of the message
> as a set of templates which include a single composite
> that is the payload. These templates will be referenced
> from the regrep or possibly by virtue of some URI scheme
> that assigns them a unique name.
>
> The CPP/CPA will then include the packaging specification
> for the payload and reference the enveloping template that
> is used for the message (that way the part of Dale's proposal
> that defines the envelope, header and optionally the multipart/signed
> stuff need not be repeated for each message in the CPP/CPA.
>
> I would propose that this be treated something like the following:
>
> <Message xlink:href="..." xlink:role="...">
> <Packaging
> template="http://www.ebxml.org/dales/packaging/smime-signed.xml">
> <SimplePart id="payload" mimetype="application/xml"
> depthFirstSequence="2">
>   <MimeParameter parameterAttribute="charset" parameterValue="UTF-8" />
>   <MimeParameter parameterAttribute="version" parameterValue="1.0" />
>   <MimeHeader HeaderName="Content-Id" />
>   <XMLMetaDataInformation MetaDataDescriptionType="xsd" URI="urifor-XSD"
> />
> </SimplePart>
> </Packaging>
> </Message>
>
> Now the trick becomes where to put these. They need to be associated
> with
> a BusinessTransactionActivity. They could simply reference that within
> the Message xlink:href attribute, but that might make it a bit awkward
> to find
> them.
>
> Another approach might be to contain the CollaborationProtocol (or
> optional
> bpm:... process definitions) in a container element that also included
> the above Message element content for each message that is used in the
> process.
>
> Anyway, it isn't likely that we'll get this resolved today, I propose
> that
> we deal with this next year when we can all participate in the design
> of the solution.
>
> I have attached a modified DTD that adds the PartyDetails element
> I omitted in the last draft DTD and have updated the examples
> accordingly.
> I have also fixed the SYSTEM identifier so that hopefully, no one
> will have a problem opening the sample docs.
>
> Comments?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

> <?xml version = "1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE CollaborationProtocolAgreement SYSTEM "cppml%2cv0.23.dtd">
> <!--Generated by XML Authority.-->
> <CollaborationProtocolAgreement id = "N01"
> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris