Subject: Re: Applying transformations to Payloads

David,

Not transforms per se, but there is an encoding element
that theoretically could be used.

It might be more flexible to simply allow for some
set of transforms to be defined as they have done for
XMLDSIG which can be extended to arbitrary xslt transforms
specified by the user/programmer.

Of course, this will need to be discussed after Marty has a draft
published, hopefully, sometime very soon!

Cheers,

Chris

"Burdett, David" wrote:

> I've been exchanging emails with David Welsh at Nordstrom about the idea of
> compressing data inside the payload of an ebXML message. However before you
> could do this, it would be useful if information on the ability to accept
> this (or any other) type of transformation in the payload was recorded in
> the CPP/CPA.
>
> Is there a facility to support this in the CPP/CPA
>
> Regards
>
> David
>
> Product Management, Commerce One
> 4400 Rosewood Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
> Tel: +1 (925) 520 4422 (also voicemail); Pager: +1 (888) 936 9599
> mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris